Nevada’s breweries are leaders in local philanthropic efforts by supporting The Nevada Museum of Art, Nevada Land Conservancy, The Boys and Girls Club, Terry Ferrell Firefighters Fund, Autism Speaks, Opportunity Village and many others. These are local businesses that support and build our community. NCBA members are proud of their high quality, hand crafted beers and are passionate to use them as a vehicle to give back to their beloved state.
Modern Craft Beer
- Today, 99 percent of the more than 2,800 breweries in the U.S. are small and independent and traditional craft breweries (see Craft Brewing Statistics).
- Small brewing companies employed approximately 110,273 people in 2013, bringing a whole new meaning to the phrase, “will work for beer.”
- The volume share for craft brewers in 2013 was 7.8 percent, up from 6.5 percent in 2012.
- American tastes are changing. We increasingly want choices of flavor in the foods that we buy. For example, Nielsen Company research confirms that beer drinkers are shifting to more robust beer styles, and we know from Symphony IRI (SIG) that seasonal beer is one of the top-selling craft beer categories.
- Small and independent craft brewers are known for being passionate and innovative makers of full-flavored beer.
- The Brewers Association has defined 142 beer styles. The majority of these styles are all-malt based.
- Craft brewers are amazing community citizens and have donated millions of dollars to local causes and provide thousands of jobs across the U.S.
- The average American lives within 10 miles of a brewery. Hundreds of thousands of people have taken tours or sampled beers at their local brewery.